Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer |Toronto |Mississauga| Brampton and surrounding areaSlip and fall accidents can occur when the premises on properties are hazardous or unsafe.
A property owner has an obligation to keep their property in a safe condition for those invited onto the property. If it can be proven that a property owner was negligent and knew or should have known about the dangerous or defective condition that caused a slip and fall, you may be compensated for your injuries.
Injuries can range from scrapes and bruises to serious head trauma, broken limbs and broken bones, eye trauma and more.
In Ontario, it is the legal responsibility of property owners, of commercial or private properties, to ensure that their premises are safe for anyone who happens to enter the property.
Some examples of slip and fall accidents happen because of:
- broken pavement
- wet and slippery walking surface
- loose carpet or other unstable floor surface
- driveways and walkways with ice or snow cover
- Photos. Take pictures of the scene of the accident, bruising, cuts, scrapes or required stitches or casts to document your injury.
- Witnesses. If someone witnesses your fall, try to get their name, address and telephone number.
- Accident Report. If you suffer injuries in a store, whether a department store or grocery store, make sure you file an accident report. You can do this by asking for the manager. Make sure you obtain a copy of the accident report before you leave.
- Evidence. We recommend you save the item that caused your fall.
If you are unable to take pictures or obtain any statements, an lawyer at our office will try to obtain as much information as possible.
- SLIP AND FALL SNOW AND ICE
- SLIP AND FALL DOWN STAIRS