Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents
Cyclists and pedestrians have the same right to the roadways as motorists. Motorists who unlawfully turn into bike lanes, who fail to give a bicyclist enough space, or who neglect to stop or notice pedestrians legally crossing the roadways are liable. Retain a Toronto personal injury lawyer to represent your interests if you have a bicycle or pedestrian injury claim.
Be aware of the common causes of bicycle accidents by motorists:
- Dooring (motorist opens the door in the pathway of bicyclist)
- Driving in a bike lane
- Passing a cyclist too closely
- Failure to yield to bike at an intersection
- Distracted driver
- Impaired driver
- Turning in front of cyclist at light or stop sign
- Poorly designed bike lanes
Accident Benefits are available to injured parties in motor vehicle accidents regardless of who was at fault. Injured bike riders can look to their own auto policies for benefits, or to that of a household member such as a parent who possesses a policy. Talk to one of our lawyers today and learn your rights.